Each item listed below must be reviewed at least once annually.
To achieve this goal, a portion of the psychosocial assessment should be reviewed at each quarterly visit. Order of assessment will vary with the clinical needs of the patient and family. These assessments may be performed by an MD, RN or MSW. A complete
assessment by an MSW or psychologist must be performed annually.
Issues to be addressed include (order does not indicate importance of each item):
1. Changes in family structure and coping (supports, stressors, risk factors, divorce, deaths)
2. School/work performance
3. Participation in age-appropriate activities
4. Developmental and emotional issues
5. Compliance with treatment regimens
6. Financial issues related to illness; insurance coverage, community agencies
7. Vocational training, preparation for adult life
8. Family planning
9. Concerns about CF care and understanding of disease manifestations and treatment